We are here to provide you with information and access to mental health services if you are a young person between the ages of 0 and 18 years of age or a parent of a child in this age range, and live in the Region of Waterloo (Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge and surrounding areas) . We are also here for your families, caregivers, community members and professionals regarding youth and children's mental health services in the region.
What we do
When you come to Front Door, we will:
- listen to you and your concerns
- provide support and guidance
- provide you with an overview of the services offered through kidsLINK and Lutherwood
- assist you in accessing our crisis services or Walk-in Service if needed
- provide you with referrals to services in the community that may assist you and your family
- determine whether you are eligible for services through Lutherwood and kidsLINK
- meet with you to complete an in-depth assessment to understand the unique needs of your family
- help identify what you need to make things better, explore your preferences for treatment and help you set initial goals
- collect information from other service providers involved with your family and finalize the treatment recommendations, in collaboration with all involved
Your Involvement and Participation
All of our programs and services are completely voluntary. You and your family decide as to whether you want to participate in our treatment program or service. We are responsible to make sure that things have been fully explained to you. You are responsible to ask questions and seek clarification where you are confused by the agreement or if you have any concerns. Please do not hesitate to raise your concerns. We truly want to make sure you understand the program or service you are requesting.
Accommodations for Diversity
All of our community-based treatment programs look for ways to make your participation in our programs and services as convenient and comfortable as possible. In order to do this, it is important that we are aware of any needs you may have, (e.g., culture, nationality, language, sexual orientation, gender, age and religious beliefs, new Canadians, new to the Region of Waterloo, etc.) so that we can better serve you and your family.